Posted 9th January 2019
Connect Communications is an independent healthcare communications agency based in Dubai that works with leading pharmaceutical clients on medical education initiatives across the Middle East and North Africa region. We are currently looking to recruit a Medical Writer to research and develop high-quality content for a variety of medical education programmes for our clients.
Connect Communications has a strategic partnership with HealthCare21 (HealthCare21-Connect) to deliver regional work for global clients. This role will support projects for both Connect Communications and HealthCare21-Connect.
- Work in a team alongside medical writers, account management and creatives to deliver content and projects in line with client requirements
- Ensure that your work is scientifically accurate, clear, fully referenced, appropriate to the target audience, meets the client’s communication objectives, and conforms to any necessary client specifications
- Research medical and scientific topics using relevant information sources
- Develop and maintain knowledge in relevant therapy areas including drug mechanisms of action, disease state, treatment guidelines and competitive landscape
- Work on a broad range of projects including publications, abstracts, posters, patient materials, training materials, symposia, workshops, advisory boards, meeting reports, digital copy, newsletters and workshops
- Provide support to account management teams and attend meetings as required, including internal kick off meetings, status meetings, client calls
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong life science background (MSc or PhD)
- Solid medical writing experience within the communications or pharmaceutical industry
- Proven writing skills with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Broad knowledge of diseases and treatments, with experience in infectious diseases a distinct advantage
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
- Flexible, ‘can do’ approach with willingness for occasional local and international travel, sometimes on weekends
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered which is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the large number of applications, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.